I've been focused a lot on self-love lately and understanding what that means to me. While the answer may be different for everyone, the strategies to practicing self-love are universal. Here are 5 simple ways to love yourself everyday!
- Make Time for You. We're often so preoccupied with being there for others that we forget to make (or take!) time for ourselves. One of the best things we can do for ourselves is to carve out space every single day that's just for us. No chores. No duties. No obligations. No shoulds. Just time for us to do whatever it is our hearts desire. Tip: Don't allow a lack of time to keep you from beginning this daily practice. Start with 5 minutes a day and work your way up from there. If we can't give ourselves 5 minutes of our precious time, then who can? Plus, we often have more time than we think!
- Do More of What Makes Your Heart Smile. And if you don't know what that is, take the time to self-reflect to learn more about you! The more we create space to do what we truly love, the more love and joy we'll have to give.
- Mind Your Thoughts! How do you think about yourself? What thoughts cross your mind when you look into a mirror? Are they kind, loving and encouraging? Or, are they critical, judgemental and self-deprecating? Our thoughts are the most powerful tool we have, and it is only through thinking loving thoughts about ourselves that we have any chance of manifesting the Love we desire.
- Be Gentle With Yourself. Most of us are too hard on ourselves, especially when we make a mistake or don't do something to perfection. Instead of beating yourself up over it, try being gentle with yourself regardless of what comes your way. Intend to learn from your mistakes and do better. Growth takes time. Learning takes time. Treat yourself as you would your child, sweetheart, or close friend: encouraging, reassuring, loving, patient and understanding. We deserve our Love and compassion more than anyone, and we can't expect from others what we aren't able to give ourselves.
- Allow Yourself to Grow. One of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves is the freedom and space to grow, to change, to be whatever it is we want to be, how ever we want to be. Intend to push yourself out of your comfort zone and try new things. Meet new people. Allow your likes and dislikes to evolve. Remain open and allow yourself to grow. You never know, the thing that you once resisted might be exactly what you were hoping for. Tip: We often hold ourselves back without realizing it by remaining stuck in the ideas we have about ourselves. Allow yourself to open up to new things, even things you think you may not like. You can never truly know until you allow yourself to try!
At the end of the day, there is nobody who deserves our Love and attention more than our-self.
As Always, Love + Light,