I get asked for book recommendations as often as I do nontoxic products. It’s likely because of my love for reading—I can typically be found reading 2-3 books at a time! So with the new year upon us, I wanted to share my top 5 book recommendations to help you on your spiritual journey and live life more mindfully:
- Wherever You Go There You Are, Jon Kabat-Zinn. Whether you’re new to mindfulness or have been practicing for years, this book is a must-read and a keeper for your collection! With easy to grasp short chapters, Jon Kabat-Zinn breaks mindfulness down to its core and provides achievable call to actions for each section, which help you embody his teachings. I refer back to this book often and it never fails to help me see the clarity I seek.
- The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle. This is the book that truly began my spiritual journey and opened my world to a new way of being. While it can be a little dry, the Q&A style format makes it easy to go at your own pace so you can fully grasp the information being shared. I highly recommend this book for those who are new to spirituality and want a book that starts from the very beginning (the mind and the ego). Tip: If it’s a tough read, I recommend trying the audio version. Eckhart’s voice is super soothing and nice to listen to!
- Falling into Grace, Adyashanti. This is probably my favorite spiritual book ever written simply for its blunt and no-nonsense approach to dealing with life and ultimately reducing our suffering. If you’re looking for a beautifully harsh wake-up call and are ready to release the myth that life is supposed to be perfect and free of struggle, then this is the book for you!
- Excuses Begone!, Dr. Wayne Dyer. There is nothing more empowering than realizing that you are the reason things are the way they are. This book helped me to understand that the roadblocks I perceived in my life were of my own doing, and that when I take responsibility for my mindset and excuses, everything I dream is available to me and all the more possible. It goes through the most common excuses we tell ourselves that keep us from living life to our full potential. It's a great book to read if you’re feeling stuck and need a nudge in the right direction.
- The Alchemist, Paulo Cuelo. The depth of wisdom hidden amongst this beautiful yet simple story blows me away every time. I’ve gained such profound realizations from reading this book that I reread it every couple of years, and continue to learn something new every time. Bonus: It's short and perfect for a quick afternoon read!
Love + Light,
P.S. Do you love to read? Share the books that inspire you in the comments below!