Everything we feel and experience is a matter of perspective, of how we see the world and those around us. What we think and see, we are. But how do we shift our perspective to see the life we dream? Through awareness and practice. Here are some tips to help get you started!
- Flip the Script. Anytime you experience a negative thought or recognize a limiting belief, simply flip the script. Take that thought or belief and reverse it by looking at it from the opposite perspective. If we believe that we can't do something, then we can't. But if we take that belief and repeat the opposite to ourselves, believe it or not, the positive energy carries over, and we are more than likely to accomplish what we once thought we couldn't.
- Go Slowly. We spend so much time rushing through life, trying to get everything done on our never-ending to-do lists, that it's more important than ever to take the time to pause and go slowly. This allows us to be more mindful and aware, and also helps us avoid falling into habitual thought patterns and behaviors. It allows us to process and respond, rather than react. We can't catch ourselves if we don't take the time to slow down and observe!
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer
- See What You Want to See. If you don't like what you see, change it! The truth is: we see what we want to see, what we allow ourselves to think and believe. We have the power to transform that into anything we desire. Ask yourself what you want to see in your life today and focus on that. Visualize it. Feel it coming to life. What you focus on grows. If you see the glass as half full rather than half empty, it is!
- Release Excuses. We are the only ones responsible for the way our life is. It's not the things that happen to us that create our life, but how we choose to respond to them. No matter how difficult the situations that arise in your life, remind yourself that you have control over one thing and one thing only: how you choose to perceive it and allow it to affect you. We may not be able to control external circumstances, but we can learn to control what happens inside of us. The power has always been in our hands. Remind yourself of this when the going gets tough.
- Smile. When all else fails—because at times it will—pause and smile. Seriously. Just smile. Even if you have to fake it. Studies have found smiling triggers positive emotions in our brain. Trust me. You'll be seeing and feeling positive in no time!
How can you shift your perspective today?
Love + Light,