With all of this talk of changing ourselves and setting new year's resolutions, I think it's beneficial to focus on being our most authentic selves and honoring our individual Truths. We all have a unique Purpose to fulfill in this world—as well as gifts to share that only we can offer—so it's important to take the time to tune in and listen to our inner voices, rather than getting caught up in surface-level goals.
Here are 6 ways to tune into your inner Truth and be more you in 2020!
1. Create Space to Be. In order to be yourself, you have to create the space to know yourself. Make a commitment to yourself to leave spaces in your schedule, and not to overcommit or jam-pack your days, so you always have a few moments to simply be, in all ways. Tip: See what arises naturally, what you feel called to do in the extra moments and space that you create. Your soul will guide you to your true callings and passions.
2. Make Time for Frequent Self-Reflection. Resolutions and reflection should not be reserved only for special occasions ( a new year, new home, birthday, anniversary, new job, etc.). It's important to take time regularly to self-reflect and check-in with ourselves so we can clearly see where we are headed and where we would like to go. Tip: Don't allow a lack of time to keep you from beginning this practice. If we can't give ourselves at least 5 minutes of our precious time, then who can? Plus, we often have more time than we think!
3. Do More of What Makes Your Heart Smile. The number one way to be more you is to do more of the things you truly love and in-joy. Color, play music, go bowling, dance, be silly, knit—whatever activities bring you joy, make an intent to incorporate more of them into your daily life. Tip: Think about what you loved to do as a child and put yourself out there! Allow yourself to experience new things. Stay with your feelings of joy and soak them up by being fully present in the moment.
4. Learn to Trust What Arises. In other words, learn to listen to your Inner Guidance, your Intuition, or whatever you like to call it. There is always an inner knowing gently guiding us towards the people, places, activities, and situations that align with us, that bring us joy and foster our growth and healing. But we have to learn to trust what arises and allow ourselves to flow wherever that may take us. Tip: Practice allowing and trusting a few moments every day and see what unfolds. You’ll know you're on the right path when you feel fulfilled and energized by what you're doing, rather than drained or restricted by it.
5. Look Within Rather Than Without. It can be tough to be clear on our own intentions during a time when everyone on social media is telling us what our resolutions should be, or how we can feel better or more fulfilled in our lives. While these suggestions can be great, and there's wisdom to be gained from another's journey, there is no one else on this Earth that can understand the growth we need more than ourselves. So, don't forget to take a moment to look within for the answers if not more than, then at least as much, as you look outside of yourself for inspiration. Tip: Trust me on this one ;)
6. Give Yourself Permission to Do You! Don't compromise who you are because it's hard to say no. For each time we do this, we are denying our own wisdom. We are subconsciously sending a message to ourselves, and the Universe, that our voice doesn't matter as much as being polite. In Friendship with God, Neale Donald Walsch writes, "If you can have something you want, without hurting somebody, you owe it to yourself to go after it." I would add to that: you owe it to yourself to be who you are, truly, fully, and honestly. Give yourself permission to be you in all ways and surround yourself with people who encourage your YOU-ness. Those who truly Love you will celebrate the you that you Love! Tip: Support others' self-expression in the same way you would like yours to be supported. Allow others the freedom and space to be and experience who they truly are without restriction.
As we continue on our paths in 2020, may we all learn to honor our own Truths and support the Truths of others. For in this, is the secret to living and allowing the lives we Dream!
With Love + Light + Peace,
Related Blog You May Also Enjoy
6 Questions to Ask Yourself Daily