As the weather begins to cool and the leaves rustle in the wind, there's nothing like cozying up with a soothing cup of tea to unwind at the end of the day. Here's my favorite caffeine-free tea recipe for the Fall, filled with spices that will warm you from the inside out. I like to premix a large batch so I can easily make it after a long day of work. This recipe will last you well beyond the winter! Enjoy :)
- 1 cup loose leaf Organic Rooibos Tea
- 2 large Cinnamon Sticks
- 3 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 tbsp whole Cloves
- 2-3 tbsp Cardamom Pods
- 2 whole Star Anise
- Break up the cinnamon sticks into smaller pieces with your hands.
- Use a mortar and pestle to lightly crush the remaining spices into small pieces.
- Add the tea leaves and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Brewing: When ready for a delicious cup of tea, bring a cup of water to a boil and remove from heat. Add in 1-2 tsp (less for lighter tea, more for stronger) of the tea mixture and cover for 5-7 minutes. Strain and enjoy!