Sick of all the artificial sweeteners and processed ingredients in your granola bars? We hear ya! Here's our favorite go-to recipe for quick and delicious protein balls, a great granola bar alternative. Perfect for a healthy midday snack or breakfast on the go. Enjoy!
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup organic creamy peanut butter (can substitute almond butter)
- 1/3 cup honey (can substitute agave nectar or pitted dates if Vegan)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (preferably fair-trade ;)
- 2 tbsp. organic chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp. shredded coconut flakes (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl or with an electric mixer.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes (this will help the mixture stick together).
- Remove from fridge and roll into munchkin size balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Will keep for 5-6 days.