It's organic. It's eco-friendly. It's gentle on the skin. And, it's easy to make and use! That's why we are completely hooked to our Adzuki Face Scrub!
So What Exactly Are Adzuki Beans?!
These small red beans are native to East Asia and the Himalayas. The name adzuki is derived from "azuki" in the Japanese language and is known as red mung bean in English. Powdered adzuki beans have been used in Japan for centuries to gently exfoliate the skin, giving it a natural glow. Adzuki beans naturally contain saponin, a foaming agent which cleanses the pores by removing dead skin cells and drawing out excess oils and impurities. It also gently softens the skin and promotes circulation.
As someone with skin sensitivities, this is the first exfoliating scrub I've made that doesn't irritate my skin. It's also a great scrub for acne-prone skin as it unclogs pores and absorbs excess oils. I use this scrub 2-3 times a week but it's gentle enough for daily use for those who need it. I also use this as a body scrub once a week to slough off dead skin!
- Buffs away dead skin cells
- Unclogs pores
- Gently exfoliates without damaging the skin
- Promotes circulation and a natural glow
- Safe for all skin types including those with acne
Ways to Use
- Face Scrub. Place 1 teaspoon of powder into your palm and add a couple of drops of water to form a paste. Wet your face and gently rub in a circular motion, avoiding the area around your eyes. Rinse with warm water and pat face dry. Follow with our organic Face + Body Balm for an extra glow ;)
- Face Mask. This also works great as a mask! Simply take 2 tbsp of adzuki powder and add water or organic aloe vera gel to create a paste. If prone to dry skin, add 2 drops of organic jojoba oil (or preferred facial oil) to the mix. Apply to face (avoiding the eyes) and rinse with warm water after 5-10 minutes.
- Gentle Body Scrub. I also enjoy this scrub for my body, especially since most scrubs are too rough on my skin and tend to irritate it, causing my eczema to flare up. Plus, it doesn't leave our bathtub oily!
Love + Light,