The only downside to the start of summer is the increase of mosquitoes! But lucky for you, I have a super easy bug repellent recipe that you can make in less than 5 minutes, with ingredients found at any natural foods store :)
- 4oz Organic Jojoba Oil
- 10 drops Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil (replace with organic Citronella essential oil for children under 10)
- 10 drops Organic Rosemary Essential Oil (replace with organic Geranium essential oil for children under 10)
- 5 drops Organic Lavender Essential Oil
NOTE: Essential oils are highly concentrated and the recommended safe dilution is 1%-2%. This recipe is for a 1% essential oil dilution, as I believe less is more. However, if you need something stronger, you may increase the dilution to 2% by doubling the number of drops of essential oils above.
- Add jojoba oil into a 4oz dark amber glass bottle.
- Add in the essential oils and shake well to incorporate.
- Shake before use and apply liberally as needed.
NOTE: Always perform a patch test before using. People can still be allergic to organic things! Discontinue use if irritation occurs.