Most of you are aware of the hype about natural deodorants, and many of you have heard (and read) my long rants about the numerous health benefits of making the switch. But for all of our readers who are still on the fence, here are 5 reasons to make the switch to an organic deodorant paste today and protect your health!
1. Love for Your Mind + Body. You don't need to be a scientist to know that chemicals are bad for you. But do you know just how many chemicals are lurking in your deodorant? A LOT! Many of which are linked to hormone disruption, breast cancer, and even Alzheimer's Disease. That's why what we put onto our bodies is equally as important as what we put into them. When you make the switch to an organic deodorant paste, you don't have to worry about chemicals, toxins, or synthetic preservatives. It's better for you and better for the environment!
2. Say Goodbye to Clogged Pores! Commercial deodorants clog your pores and trap bacteria and toxins inside, which leaves you smelling stinkier without use. The reason we sweat is to remove toxins from our system, and if our pores are clogged, there's nowhere for these chemicals to go but to accumulate in our bodies.
If you're still thinking this is not a big deal, take a moment to ask yourself how young you were you when you began using deodorant. Early teens? And how old are you today? Now do the math. For a product that we use nearly every day for the majority of our lives, the chemicals in the product itself, along with the toxins trapped in our systems, definitely add up.
3. Healthier Bacterial Environment. It's not our sweat that smells, but the bacteria living in our armpits. When you make the switch to an organic deodorant paste, you allow your pores to unclog, releasing odor-causing bacteria from your system. As a result, the good bacteria can do its job. Eventually, as the good bacteria begin to flourish, you'll find that you rarely have an odor and can even go most days without needing to apply anything.
Don't believe me? I used to use men's antiperspirant 5 years ago, and now I barely wear deodorant most days! I find the only times I smell are when I've eaten unhealthily or heavily spiced foods. That's mostly when I'll use my deodorant paste, with the exception of extra humid, summer days ;)
4. No Residue. Say buh-bye to thick residue and having to scrub your deodorant off in the shower! Instead, you'll find that your underarms feel softer, healthier and smoother. Think about it: when was the last time any of us moisturized our underarms? Another added benefit of organic deodorant paste.
5. Detox. Remember when we talked about how many years of buildup most of us have due to years of deodorant use? Well, switching to an organic deodorant paste forces you to detox those underarms and release that toxic gunk once and for all! Sounds intense but it's actually quite simple (see infographic above). For more detailed tips on how to make the switch and detox your pits, check out our blog. Your body will thank you :)
Bonus: It actually works! Rather than covering up your odor with chemicals and toxic fragrances, or disrupting your body's natural process, organic deodorants work in harmony with your body's natural systems, not against it. So while you'll still sweat, you'll find your body odor to be significantly reduced, and altogether gone with continued use. From my experience, most people begin to notice these effects after a year or so of making the switch.
So what are you waiting for? Make the switch to an organic deodorant paste today and protect your health!
Love + Light,
P.S. Want to learn more about how to keep your mind, body and soul on a better path? Sign up for our newsletter today! Bonus: Get 15% off your first order ;)