It's that time of year and we all know what that means: pumpkin everything!! This is one of my new favorite recipes, which I adapted from Oh She Glows. It's easy to make, gluten-free, and oh so delicious! This recipe makes 16 small squares and takes an hour to make. Enjoy :)
- 2 cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs (I use Pamela's Honey Graham Crackers and throw them in the food processor)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/3 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full-fat organic coconut milk (don't shake before opening)
- 1.5 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted coconut oil, and sweetener and mix well. Evenly spread the mixture into greased pan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the arrowroot powder and maple syrup until all clumps dissolve. Add this and all other filling ingredients into a food processor and mix until smooth. Evenly pour filling onto crust and smooth out with a spatula as needed. Note: For the coconut milk, use only the solid white portion at the top, not the water!
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes until the filling has darkened and is semi-firm to the touch. Allow to cool for 60 minutes and refrigerate overnight to set for 8 hours.
- Slice into squares and serve with chopped pecans.